Breastfeeding photography session | Mommy & Marley| Columbus, OH

Tuesday, September 29, 2015


When I was first approached to do this session I was a little nervous about doing it quite honestly. Not because if anyone had anything negative to say about a session of a mother feeding her child, one of the most natural things in the world. But because I thought...what if I don't do this good enough? This is something so important to this momma, what if I can't make it perfect? As a mother to a 6 month old myself who I do in fact nurse, if I were in her shoes I would expect so much out of it & also be so nervous myself being in front of the camera, so I just wanted to really make this special. I had a vision...& I feel like I got pretty darn close. 

We had so much fun with this session. This momma & I actually grew up good friends & cheered together in High school, Go Cougars! ...had too haha. We went to a nice quite back field with no distractions because well these little ones sure do like to be distracted by anything & EVERYTHING. I know I have two of them :)

The sun was setting, I had my awesome sister in law photographer pal Savannah meet me out at the park to set everything up & it all came together so nicely. You wouldn't believe it had poured down rain an hour or so prior to this...the evening turned out to be perfect for this session.

So enjoy this, share this if you wish....& help to maybe show people that breastfeeding is normal & there is no shame in it, just a mothers love <3


























































2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! As a momma who breastfed when my little was tiny I thought you did a lovely job of capturing the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white of mom and baby laying in the tent is my favorite!!!! Such special moments you captured! Just beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete